Monday, September 29, 2008

I've got a fever... msi wind hdd and memory upgrades (video)

yes, i admit it. i now am in love with my MSI Wind netbook.  so far it seems to have met all of my  mobile computing/commuting needs: small, fast, affordable, upgradable.  for $550, you get a pretty nice piece of hardware: 1.6ghz Atom, 1Gb DDR2, 80GB HDD, BT, Webcam/Mic, SDHC reader, 3 usb, nearly full keyboard.

nonetheless if your like me, your prob thinking 'hey, i could use more space and memory' and 'warranties are for wussies'; hit the jump for the howto vid. :)



i've upgrade and swapped out components on a weekly basis the last month or so (bad memory last week and hdd upgrades prior).  i figured i'd share a quickie on how to upgrade your MSI Wind's harddrive and memory.  Again, this will void your warranty.

you'll prob notice that i'm actually temporarily dowgrading my hdd; this was so i could redo my triple boot from scratch and get it on video w/o messing w/my nice setup on my 250gb hdd. ;)

enjoy! look for my upcoming triple boot video run-through :)

[youtube 0tkY2GbNpXE]

No comments:

Post a Comment