Sunday, April 18, 2010

iPad + Case + Dock hack (literally)

Well, just so you know, i'm that guy.  the guy that has to have a dock for every gadget/phone/gaming console he owns. So I couldn't pass up the last iPad dock on the shelf at Best Buy.



I also bought the Apple case for it and love it and prefer using my iPad w/it on (easier to handle and don't scratch back, feels like a portfolio).

So.. the big question is; will my iPad fit on the Apple dock w/the Apple case on? One would think so since they are all Apple accessories. NOPE!

The case won't properly fit onto the dock as is since the connector bottom area keeps it from sitting on the dock properly.



I just marked the end of the dock and then cut the casing/fabric level with the iPad connector port and wide enough to fit onto the dock. Hopefully Apple fixes this at the manufacturing point (my cutting isn't the straightest, hehe). An exacto knife would prob do the trick too. I'll go back and clean mine up later this week when i'm not so tired :)





my messy quickie cutout; (note i cut the back too to help get in and out of dock easier).

No comments:

Post a Comment