Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Protecting your GoPro Hero4 Session's lense: DIY lense cover for under 10 bucks.


I admit it, I'm an action cam nut. No I'm not an extreme sports guy or a hardcore motorhead or biker.  No I just love what action cameras are; high quality cameras in nearly indestructible form.  After owning a GoPro Hero3 Black Ed, a GoPro Hero3+ Black Ed and a Sony 4K FDR-X1000V camera; I've now taken a step back in regards to resolutions and features to the GoPro Hero4 Session.




This post won't be a review, I'll have one of those up later in August after I have some real time to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the camera. I admit that the first week I own any new, shiny gadget I treat it like it can do no wrong (to justify purchase) but in the weeks to follow is where I find the major QC flaws or just bad design of said products.




This camera is not cheap and oddly there is no official GoPro Hero4 Session lense cover to protect the glass.  After searching the web for weeks, I finally came to a new solution.  A very cheap solution.

Just order a gel GoPro Hero4 lense cover kit (ie this one on amazon, i make no money on clicks, only on my ads): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXHOBPQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00









And just remove the part button cover and voila!! A super cheap and easy way to protect your GoPro Hero4 Session's lense when in your pocket. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment